Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 1637
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
These are specialized neurodiagnostic technologists. Positions perform neurophysiological monitoring in the operating room to assist with evaluating functional integrity of the peripheral and/or central nervous system. Positions record Electroencephalograms (EEGs), evoked potentials, compressed spectral array, electrocorticography and topographing brain mapping. **$5,000 Sign-On Bonus**
1. May provide instruction and guidance to other technologists in the Neurodiagnostic and/or Sleep Disorders Lab.
2. Performs diagnostic patient testing electroencephalogram (EEG), electromyography (EMG), nerve conduction velocities (NCV), and sensory evoked potentials (EP).
3. Performs room and equipment set-up and placement in hospital rooms, operating rooms, or clinics. Calibrates and maintains equipment.
4. Records EEGs, Evoked Potentials, Spectral Arrays, Electrocorticography findings and communicates them to physicians during operative procedures.
5. Takes patient histories. Provides instruction to patients and families regarding test preparation, pre-test interviews, and follow-up appointments.
● Bachelor's degree in relevant field or graduation from an accredited Neurophysiology program.
● Registered in Intra-Operative Monitoring (CNIM or equivalent)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of Neurodiagnostic experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.