Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1642
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
RN, BSN or higher is highly preferred and will be given preference.
The Care Coordinator is responsible for care coordination along the cancer continuum, interdisplinary care planning and psycho-social consultation for the outpatient oncology patient population.
1. Actively leads or participates in departmental, service line and/or organization quality improvement initiatives to ensure patient, departmental and organizational goals/outcomes are met or exceeded.
2. Reports issues and system barriers for efficient and effective transition management to a member of the Leadership/Management team per policy.
3. Performs comprehensive outpatient case management screening/assessment for all patients per departmental policy and appropriately identifies potential care planning and/or psycho-social needs.
4. Partners with the physicians and interdisciplinary team to coordinate patient's treatment and post treatment plan to ensure all critical elements have been addressed and patient is moved to the appropriate next level of care.
5. Utilizes critical thinking skills to proactively identify and appropriately address medically complex and/or psychosocial related comprehensive care barriers.
6. Actively participates in Oncology Case Conferences, Huddles and Interdisciplinary rounds to address identified barriers so that the patient can be moved through the care continuum in a timely manner.
7. Initiates and facilitates referrals for care to include home health, transportation, supportive pharmaceuticals, community resources, Hospice and others in a timely manner and is knowledgeable of benefits.
8. Collaborates with the other Care Coordinators, Triage Nurses, and Physicians to ensure congruence among the patient's condition, physician's level of care order and billing status.
9. Adheres to all pertinent accreditation guidelines, organizational and departmental standards, and community agencies on the screening of patients, implementation of interventions, and care coordination.
10. Monitors appropriate outcome metrics such as interventions on positive screenings, compliance of care, and timely and supportive care referrals. Involved in process improvement initiatives to develop strategies to improve outcomes.
11. Communicates care coordination involvement through thorough documentation in the electronic medical record and by verbal interactions with the physicians, interdisciplinary team, patient and family.
● Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) or Registered Nurse.
● Valid North Carolina Nursing License for any BSN.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Minimum of 2 years experience in outpatient care management along the oncology continuum is highly desired. Equivalent experience may be considered.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Advanced computer competence; Experience with Powerpoint and Visio.
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.