Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1648
Location: Eden, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Serves as a clinical and management resource for decision making, problem solving, and employee performance reviews in the skilled nursing facility. Acts as liaison between staff, physicians, and management. Also performs direct patient care.
1. Ensures care delivered to each patient is appropriate and in accordance with physician orders and policy. Documents patient clinical records.
2. Makes staff /room assignments based on patient needs and staff qualifications. Collaborates with managers and other team leaders to flex and coordinate the number of scheduled staff for optimal utilization and productivity within all areas. Assists with monitoring overtime hours.
3. Serves as a clinical and management resource for decision making, problem solving, and employee performance reviews. Acts as liaison between staff, physicians, and management.
4. Participates in direct patient care; maintains current skills and competencies equal to that of a Staff RN.
5. Collaborates with other team leaders and management to ensure optimal efficiency throughout the department. Notifies Clinical Manager, as appropriate, with concerns related to equipment/supply availability, posting of cases, staffing and/or patient safety
6. Assists with cost containment and product selection.
● Associate's degree in Nursing is required. Bachelor's degree (BSN) from an accredited School of Nursing preferred.
● NC RN Licensure required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● A minimum of two (2) years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Experience in a skilled nursing setting preferred. Training
● If an Associate's degree: 4 years of experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members, other staff, and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.