Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1681
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Director of UNC Health’s Acute Care at Home program is a dynamic, experienced healthcare administrator/operations leader passionate about transforming the future of healthcare.
As the lead Acute Care at Home administrator, this position is the front-line operations lead interfacing with clinical and non-clinical leaders to support care delivery in the Acute Care at Home The Acute Care at Home Director partners with the Acute Care at Home Medical Director on clinical program development, administrative oversight (e.g., provider schedules, training), operational procedures and monitoring in support of exceptional, safe care delivery (as the second half of the dyad). Overseeing daily business activities, improving overall business functions, training heads of departments, managing budgets, developing strategic plans, creating policies, and communicating business goals are just some of the key aspects of this position. Relationship management, creative operational problem-solving and waking up each day with the sole intent of helping transform how healthcare is provided to their patients/members are some of the key aspects for this role. The ideal candidate will be as passionate about transformative virtual care solutions as they are about providing an exceptional quality and experience for every patient.
1. Responsible for overseeing daily business/operational activities and operational excellence in delivery of the Acute Care at Home program.
2. Partners with Acute Care at Home Medical Director on clinical program development, administrative oversight (e.g., provider schedules, training), operational procedures and monitoring in support of exceptional, safe care delivery.
3. Holds P&L responsibility for the Acute Care at Home program operation.
4. Drives efforts to maximize admissions into the program through awareness efforts, data trends, etc. in partnership with patient acquisition/referral key stakeholders (e.g., Emergency Department Leadership, Care Management).
5. Accountable as the point of contact and escalation to track cross-department, cross-process or cross-service issues and facilitate closure through coordination of appropriate resources, both internal and external (but typically non-clinical).
6. Supervises the Manager of Rapid Response Services. Partners closely with the Manager to address supply chain issues and optimize supply chain performance and utilization.
7. Oversees key operational, financial and outcome metrics for the Acute Care at Home (volumes, patient experience, bed capacity used, model savings, margin etc.) with assistance from finance and analytic teams. Sets targets, create forecasts, and drives action plans to achieve results.
8. Drives the execution of the Acute Care at Home program strategic success objectives (volume and outcomes achievement) and growth plan (e.g., expansion of catchment sites and geographies) in partnership with Acute Care at Home Medical Director and other health system leaders.
9. Develops strong relationships with Acute Care at Home providers and nursing team, program sponsors, and other key stakeholders at multiple levels within the organization.
10. Models leadership that espouses professionalism and collaboration, a spirit of inquiry, establishing a culture that promotes and values collegiality, safety, efficiency and a deep commitment to patients and their families at its core.
● Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or related healthcare or operations degree. Masters’ degree in Business Administration or Health Care Administration preferred.
● None required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● A minimum of ten (10) years of professional acumen with a minimum of 5 years of experience as leader of a healthcare delivery system (e.g., hospital/practice administration leadership position, nurse manager, etc.)
● Clinical qualifications / background preferred. Knowledge of health system clinical operations required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Innovative thinker capable of solution-oriented, creative problem solving with a passion for hands-on execution.
● Demonstrated ability to deal with fast-paced, team-oriented, often changing and dynamic work environment.
● Demonstrated excellence with provider relations/communications.
● Ability to work comfortably in organizational ambiguity and lead process innovation to provide clarity for teams and other stakeholders.
● Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
● Independent, self-starter who knows how/when to use effective issue resolution and escalation management skills.
● Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio (or comparable workflow design application).
Entity: Shared Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.