Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1682
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Manager of the Clinical Command Center (CCC) for UNC Health’s Virtual Hospital is a dynamic, experienced healthcare administrator/operations leader passionate about transforming the future of healthcare.
Seeking a dynamic, experienced nursing leader who is passionate about transforming the future of healthcare to serve as Manager of the Virtual Hospital Clinical Command Center, working closely with the Virtual Hospital Executive Medical Director and Virtual Hospital Director. This leader serves as day-to-day leader for the Virtual Hospital telemedical command center (“Mission Control”) nursing staff who collaborate with healthcare providers, families, and patients to promote quality patient outcomes. Oversees a staff of nursing professionals including RN’s and NP’s. The ideal candidate will be deeply committed to creating superior patient and family experiences and outcomes and passionate about leading a strong team of innovative nursing professionals to advance transformative virtual care solutions.
1. Supervises all Virtual Hospital nursing processes including Mission Control nursing education, labor management, and nursing performance improvement. Validates nursing competency providing real time feedback and professional development including mentoring, individual goal setting, educational plans, and when necessary corrective action plans.
2. Oversees daily nursing operations, staffing, and patient care plans (including schedules and timekeeping). Ensures that resources are being used in the most efficient and effective manner.
3. Leads the recruitment, hiring and onboarding of Mission Control registered and advanced practice nurses in collaboration with HR.
4. Drives optimization of care coordination workflows, admitting and discharge processes, and Mission Control staffing to facilitate exceptional patient quality and experience as well as efficient operational flow and communication.
5. Provides a visible, professional leadership presence at Mission Control modeling multi-disciplinary, interprofessional collaboration and fostering a positive team-based work environment.
6. Assures medically appropriate, high quality, cost-effective care through assessing the medical necessity of patient care and supports the treatment setting by utilizing the applicable medical protocols/standards. Assures patient records have timely, complete and accurate documentation, addressing and coaching staff if there are gaps.
7. Fosters a spirit of inquiry and adoption of evidence based clinical and operational guidelines and incorporating current nursing research findings.
8. Serves as an escalation point for clinical decision-making Monitors and reports safety events and participates in root cause analysis.
9. Partners with the Virtual Hospital Chief Clinical Officer and Virtual Hospital Administrator on program execution, operational procedures, and outcomes monitoring in support of exceptional, safe care delivery. Provides nursing input and presence at meetings regarding issues, care model/workflow opportunities, and new use cases (e.g., oncology).
10. May occasionally participate directly with care/patient load including home visits, medication administration, admissions and discharging patients from service. Collaborates with nursing and medical staff to assess for the need.
11. Fosters teamwork and inter-professional collaboration. Values cultural competence. Maintains an environment of fairness and capitalizes on generational diversity to foster highly effective teamwork.
● Master's of Nursing required.
● Licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● At least ten (10) years of inpatient and/or ambulatory/physician practice and/or outpatient clinical care experience.
● Minimum of three years progressive responsibility supervising, leading, coaching and mentoring.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Requires knowledge/proficiency with Epic as well as demonstrated comfort with technology and ability to integrate into patient care processes.
● Independent self-starter with high level of interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills.
● Demonstrated excellence with provider and patient/family relations/communications
● Strong managerial and clinical skills and demonstrated ability to lead a clinical team in a collaborative and communicative environment. Demonstrated ability to effectively plan and manage the utilization of resources.
● Forward thinker and creative problem solver with ability to emulate evidence based best practices in a variety of unique settings.
● Demonstrated ability to facilitate and lead work groups and projects.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Entity: Shared Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.