Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1770
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Audiologist is responsible for administering various diagnostic audiological tests which include comprehensive audiologic evaluations, hearing aid testing and evaluation, selection and fitting to all populations, electrophysiological testing, and balance testing. The Audiologist is responsible to counsel patients regarding outcomes and communicate those effectively to the ENT physicians when necessary. The Audiologist also discusses rehabilitative options that best meet the patient's hearing health care needs.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Performs comprehensive audiologic evaluations, balance assessments, and electrophysiological tests.
3. Provides amplification services including, hearing aid assessment testing, and real ear measurements.
4. Consults with and makes recommendation on hearing disorders to physicians.
5. Coordinates care with physicians and other providers.
6. Completes chart notes for each patient seen and sends written report to referring physician and primary care physician.
● Requires AuD or Masters degree in Audiology with continuous active certificate.
● CCC-A;ST NC LIC;BCLS;Audiolgist
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years of hands-on clinical Audiology/Hearing Aid Dispenser experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent interpersonal skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse customer, colleague, and vendor population. This includes listening, sales, and problem solving skills. Strong keyboard/computer/Audiology diagnostic and hearing aid software and equipment experience. Must be able to organize time and prioritize numerous duties. Must deal with customers in a caring and respectful manner.
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 37.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Rocky Mount
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.