Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 1732
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Certified technician provides general support to the pharmacist by receiving, reviewing, compounding and dispensing medications. All work is carried out under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
1. Receives and accurately transcribes orders from prescribers under the supervision of a pharmacist. Process prescriptions in a timely order and manner so as to best take care of patient needs.
2. Assists with training of new employees, educating them in job-specific functions.
3. Assists with Medication Therapy Management, Medsync, and other clinical outreach programs.
4. Selects and prepares medications (oral, topical, controlled substances, etc.) as authorized by a physician, under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
5. Prepares medications for pick-up, delivery or shipping. Returns unpurchased medications to stock and processes credits.
6. Solves issues with patient payment (prior authorization, patient assistance needed, etc.). Sells prescriptions to patients and processes payment. Accurately manages cash and other payments.
7. Responds to and triages requests from customers for assistance with pharmacy services that do not require a pharmacist’s professional judgment or expertise.
8. Operates and supports automated dispensing technology to supply correct medications for individual patients, according to pharmacist and physician orders.
9. Orders, receives, restocks, and rotates inventory and supplies, and contributes to expiration date management.
10. Contributes to process improvement projects.
● High school diploma or GED. Completion of an academic pharmacy technician training program preferred.
● Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a PharmD program.·CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prior pharmacy technician experience is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: Shared Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.