Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1733
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Position Description: Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator – Ambulatory Care
Position Summary: The Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Coordinator is responsible for providing direction and leadership to the UNC REX Healthcare ambulatory clinical practice areas. This person supervises a team of clinic-based Clinical Pharmacy Practitioners (CPP) and oversees program responsibilities for hospital/physician-based clinics.
Description of Institution: UNC REX Healthcare is a 439-bed hospital and the largest community hospital in the UNC Health System. The Department of Pharmacy provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care with a staff of approximately 130 pharmacists, technicians, administrative and support personnel. Ambulatory care pharmacists provide care in the North Carolina Heart and Vascular (NCHV) and Heart Failure clinics in 10 locations across central and eastern North Carolina.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervises clinic-based CPP team by providing oversight of clinical responsibilities, leading hiring and onboarding (including appropriate Advanced Practice Provider credentialing), scheduling, coordinating team’s activities and performance management
· Directly participates in and provides care in ambulatory care clinics (40% staffing/60% administrative)
· Develops and updates policies and procedures specific to practice setting, including anticoagulation, lipid and heart failure management
· Continuously works to improve patient care services and assures quality improvement initiatives are met
· Participates in strategic planning alongside pharmacy leadership to evaluate potential ambulatory expansion opportunities including a PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy residency
· Works to ensure regulatory compliance with federal, state, local and institutional policies, procedures, standards and regulations
· Provides billing and payment models for clinical services and represents Pharmacy for billing audits within the UNC Physician Network practices
· Prepares reports intended to document the impact of the ambulatory care pharmacy practice on quality, safety, and cost of care
· Participates in the conduct of experiential training of present and future pharmacists and provides education to clinic staff in the principles of ambulatory care pharmacy
Desired credentials or experience of applicants: Completion of a PGY1 residency and PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy residency, followed by three years of ambulatory practice experience. Board Certification in Ambulatory Care Pharmacy (BCACP) preferred.
Desired advanced knowledge and skills and abilities: Advanced leadership skills, demonstrating progressive degrees of responsibility, the ability to lead projects and people, and to consistently deliver results; ability to establish and maintain working relationships with various members of healthcare teams; effective analysis of data and processes for opportunities for improvement; knowledge of accreditation standards and regulations related to healthcare; conversant in billing regulations and healthcare finance. Familiar with use of physical assessment monitors such as CoaguChek and is familiar with recent ambulatory care guidelines (e.g. NCEP, JNC, ADA).
● Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy.
● Eligible for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in NC. Licensure from NC Board of Pharmacy required within 6 months of orientation date or sooner if required for operations.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years of prior pharmacist experience or equivalent required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.