Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 1695
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Works in collaboration with assigned unit or department to ensure work is accomplished timely and effectively. Partner with other colleagues outside of assigned area as needed for professional resources.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Completes duties according to the individual needs of the patient with full consideration of patient safety needs.
3. Reviews Physician preference lists, checks supplies, and instruments required for each surgical procedure.
4. Implements appropriate Instrument table set up, prepares and maintains sterile field throughout the surgical procedure.
5. Places equipment and supplies in operating room and arranges equipment according to instructions.
6. Assists team members to place and position patient on table.
7. Hands instruments and supplies to surgeon, holds retractors, cuts sutures, and performs other tasks as directed by surgeon during operation.
8. Understand and comply with OR policy & procedures and protocols.
9. Puts unused supplies and instruments away at the end of the case.
10. Assists with room turn over and clean up
● Graduate of Surgical Technician Program
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year experience as a Surgical Technician
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintain ace instructions, and policy and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members and other staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions, and to define problems, collect data.
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.