Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1754
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The team is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, and dynamic pharmacist that will integrate into both of the OR Satellite Pharmacy and Sterile Products Area Teams to improve patient care services through maintenance and development of innovative clinical and distributional services. The successful candidate will have exceptional communication, organizational, and team building skills in addition to having an understanding of the medication use process.
The responsibilities of the OR Satellite Pharmacy and Sterile Products Area Pharmacist may include following:
· Assist with activities related to USP <797> and USP <800> Compliance
· Supervise and ensure accuracy of sterile IV medications made by pharmacy technicians
· Ensure patient medication orders are accurate, and other order verification responsibilities
· Assists with training of new pharmacist employees, new technician employees, pharmacy residents, and pharmacy students
· Manage and optimize inventory (if applicable)
· Provide resolution or triage service response to telephone and digital messaging inquires
· Assist in coordination and implementation of pharmacy projects and quality improvement initiatives
· Optimize resources within the OR Satellite Pharmacy and Sterile Products Area
· Operates pharmacy automation systems in accordance with department SOPs including, but not limited to Pyxis Medication Cabinets, Pyxis A-Machines, Codonics safe labeling system, and Cactus smart sink system maintenance
● Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy.
● Eligible for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in NC. Licensure from NC Board of Pharmacy required within 6 months of orientation date or sooner if required for operations.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.