Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 1758
Location: Cary, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Evening Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs standard and complex electroneurodiagnostic tests in the Clinical Neurophysiology Lab and polysomnographic testing on patients in the Sleep Disorders Lab. Work may be performed in a lab, clinic, patient bedside, or in the operating room.
1. May provide instruction and guidance to other technologists in the Neurodiagnostic and/or Sleep Disorders Lab.
2. Performs diagnostic patient testing electroencephalogram (EEG), electromyography (EMG), nerve conduction velocities (NCV), sensory evoked potentials (EP), and polysomnographic testing with possible oxygen therapy and continuous positive air pressure treatments (CPAP).
3. Performs room and equipment set-up and placement in hospital rooms, operating rooms, or clinics. Calibrates and maintains equipment.
4. Reads and scores neurodiagnostic and/or polysomnographic tests.
5. Takes patient histories. Provides instruction to patients and families regarding test preparation, pre-test interviews, and follow-up appointments.
● Graduation from an acceptable program of Neurophysiology
● Registered in one of the following specialty areas:•EEG (Electroencecephalogram- R. EEG T., CLTM)•EP (Evoked Potentials-R. EP T.)•Intra-Operative Monitoring (CNIM)•Nerve Conduction Velocity studies (NCV•Polysomnography (RPSGT)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If completion of an acceptable program of Neurophysiology: No prior experience required.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Two (2) years of experience performing a variety of Sleep or Neurodiagnostics procedures.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Cary
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.