Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 1804
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
RN TRANSPLANT NURSE COORDINATOR PER DIEM - UNC KIDNEY PRE TRANSPLANT LATINO CLINIC
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Transplant Nurse Coordinator (TNC) is responsible for coordinating the total plan of care for the transplant patient of a particular organ(s) from the point of referral as a possible recipient to lifelong post-transplant follow-up. The TNC works under the general supervision of the Clinical Program Director, is accountable to the physician director of the transplant program, and self-directs.
1. Administrative. Collaborates with the transplant program administrator in short, intermediate, and long range planning for the transplant program through regularly scheduled staff and individual program meetings.
2. Continuous Quality Improvement. Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of the transplant program?s CQI efforts that focus on maximizing the outcomes for both patient and graft survival. Reviews patient resource utilization with administrative and clinical staff to identify areas for improvement. Participates in the development and improvement of clinical pathways.
3. Coordination of patient care. Responsible for overseeing and/or coordinating the clinical, psychological and financial needs of the patient. Coordinates pre-operatives tests and consults to determine transplant candidacy. Maintains the program?s waiting list that includes regular follow-up on patient?s status while waiting transplant. Facilitates transplant by organizing the patient and the transplant team. Monitors inpatient status, discharge needs, and follow-up care per program standards.
4. Education. Educates patients and their families about the transplant process and what to expect during each phase of the transplant. Responsible for planning and acquiring or designing educational materials, and presenting educational programs to patients and staff, other professionals, the community and outside agencies.
5. Research. Collects and maintains clinical data in the transplant office chart and database that is required for research and reporting to outside agencies.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Four (4) years of professional nursing experience to include two (2) years in the area of specialization.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 24.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.