Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1903
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
40hr/week w call Generous Benefits State Employment
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This is highly technical work in providing circulatory support for patients undergoing open-heart surgery and long-term cardiac and pulmonary support such as extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation and ventricular assist through mechanical assistance. Employees work independently under the general supervision of the Chief Perfusionist.
1. Assists surgeons and anesthesiologists in the operating room during open-heart surgery to maintain all patient temperatures and pressures as directed by physicians.
2. Cleans equipment and has it serviced for any malfunctions observed.
3. Contributes to continuous quality improvement which focuses on customer satisfaction, outcomes, and cost
4. Provides patient and support staff training related to ancillary equipment.
5. Reviews patient's history, physical and heart catheterization data prior to surgery to determine appropriate circuit required. Maintains the perfusion record during each case.
6. Sets-up, processes, and disposes of cell saver supplies as outlined in the perfusion manual for autotransfusion.
● Graduation from an accredited school of Perfusion Technology.
● Certified Perfusionist or eligible to be certified by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion.
● BLS required
● North Carolina Perfusion License or Provisional License required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC: Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.