Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1135
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Advanced Analytical Consultant is a system-wide expert on delivering consulting engagements that focus on applying business intelligence and advanced analytical methods and technologies to project-specific clinical and business questions. Possessing a broad combination of skills covering data (integration, aggregation, standardization), analytics (descriptive and inferential statistical theory and practice, modeling), programming (e.g. SAS, R), and consulting (e.g. business needs analysis, project definition, project management, customer management, communication), this role functions as an independent consultant with internal customers to deliver custom advanced analytical engagements that provide novel clinical, financial and administrative insights supporting strategic initiatives across the health care system. Advanced Analytical Consultants enable federated clinical and business project teams to answer more sophisticated questions by enabling access to skills and experiences not otherwise available outside of EADS. This role also serves to transition customer project methods, algorithms, and deliverables to EADS functions responsible for asset development and management.
1. Enterprise Analytics Functional Leader - Establishes, leads, and manages virtual teams of clinical and business staff from across the system to frame business problems, determine if those problems can be translated into an analytical framework, scope effort and drive consensus on data and analytical needs and priorities with key stakeholders.
2. Solutions Delivery - Serves as the internal customer account manager, working with both leaders and end users to characterize requirements and ensuring the successfully delivery of solutions to meet those needs. Leverages product management processes and principles to drive the iterative creation of new data and analytical capabilities and assets for the system. Provides full service solution/project delivery to business units and strategic customers.
3. Statistical Modeling Design, Development, and Analysis - Designs and develops enterprise-class statistical models to understand and solve complex business problems. Participates in design/development of comprehensive data processing, reporting and analytical solutions. Participates in design/development of innovative business solutions. Develops and/or enhances database objects, including queries, procedures, and views. Leads the design, execution, and interpretation of data studies – including sample size calculations, statistical methods selection, population profiling, segmentation, model development / tuning, and other analytical tasks – in order to develop and characterize insights into clinical, financial, operational, and behavioral performance and outcomes. Establishes scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses and model development, validation, and implementation. Creates predictive models by analyzing large data sets from various sources.
4. Technical Support and Expertise - Works closely with teams to identify and advise strategic product decisions. Provides application support by analyzing reported defects and replicating/fixing the defects. Acts as a resource for team members in translating business needs into technical designs. Ensures design quality by creating, conducting, and documenting testing. Identifies technical roadblocks and troubleshoots and resolves functional and performance related issues.
5. Communication and Building Relationships - The Advanced Analytical Consultant is a versatile leader, equally fluent in communicating with senior executives and operations staff about business needs, and in orchestrating multidisciplinary teams through contentious discussions into system-wide consensus.
6. Collaboration and Teamwork - Works with teams to generate and organize methods, plans, and data constructs necessary for effective clinical and business analyses. Develops and maintains working relationships with internal departments and external contacts as appropriate.
● Master’s degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Systems Management or a quantitative-related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Master’s degree: Seven (7) years of relevant experience.
● If a Doctorate degree: Five (5) years of relevant experience.
● Prior experience with R, SAS or SPSS, other data mining tools, databases, and computer programming.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Theoretical fluency and working proficiency in the application of a broad array of statistical and quantitative methods such as description and inferential statistics, multivariate regression, clustering, neural networks, predictive modeling, forecasting, machine learning, data mining, and optimization algorithms. Superior computer skills are required, with knowledge in relevant software packages and languages such as, but not limited to, SAS, R, Python, SQL, Java, and .NET. Prior experience with analytical programming (e.g. SAS, R) preferred. High proficiency in SQL Query programming such as stored procedures, functions, temporary tables, parameterization, complex joins, and grouping. Track record in the development and delivery of analytical projects for customers, including scoping and presenting results. A high degree of professionalism, enthusiasm, autonomy and initiative on a daily basis. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. Excellent project management, planning, communication, documentation, organizational, analytical and problem solving abilities. Advanced mathematical skills including statistics, data mining/machine learning, and optimization. Ability to interpret and summarize results of various analyses in a timely and meaningful way. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (both orally, and in writing, and in presentations) to convey technical and business value propositions to non-technical audiences is required. Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills in order to work with disparate, and at times contentious, groups effectively.
Entity: Shared Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.