Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1136
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for researching, designing, and guiding the implementation of innovative solutions supporting the vision of information technology architecture and strategy supporting the technical infrastructure.
1. Analyzes and identifies enterprise business trends and business strategies to develop applicable IT application solutions. Plans and conducts new technology evaluations to determine infrastructure solutions based on business requirements and makes recommendations for improvement of infrastructure, technology, operational capability, reliability and performance. Analyzes the current technology infrastructure to detect critical deficiencies and recommends improved cost transparency solutions, ROI and other cost-benefit analysis.
2. Provides key input in the development and maintenance of the technology strategic plan. Leads infrastructure project implementation of systems capacity and availability products and strategies. Recommends for improvement of infrastructure, technology, operational capability, reliability and performance of IT applications/platforms.
3. Provides strategic oversight for complex key information service architecture decisions within area of specialty to define developing plans to adopt and implement new technology strategies for the design of complex information technology solutions and escalation for system issues.
4. Works with Network, Storage, Database, Applications, Telecommunications and other departments to provide a stable and scalable technology infrastructure. Collaborates with all teams to identify the appropriate technology required and the means with which to resolve complex issues related to infrastructure solution design, configuration and building. Identifies when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate project needs.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Five (5) years of direct experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Nine (9) years of direct experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Twelve (12) years of direct experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Entity: Shared Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.