Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 1138
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Information Security Analyst Sr provides a high level of technical expertise of information security appliances, software and hardware which deliver defense in depth protection of information technology resources and confidential data across the health system. Performs project management, requirements analysis, security systems design, and implementation of security technologies. Translates data to information to support risk based decision making.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Vulnerability Management - Maintains inventories and inventory processes of information resources protected by security regulations so vulnerability assessments can be performed. Uses tools and processes to effectively carry out vulnerability testing. Monitors and improves vulnerability management processes and procedures. Interprets scanning or testing results and provides consultation to network, workstation, systems, or web-applications administrators regarding system and application weaknesses. Appropriately escalates issues presenting unacceptable risk to the institution. Monitors risk mitigation progress.
2. Security Architecture, Consulting and Evaluation - develops security architecture components for newly proposed information systems and technologies using diagrams and narratives. Assists in materializing security architecture into projects. Develops and maintains and applies tools, processes and procedures to evaluate suitability of security configuration and feature offerings of proposed systems.
3. Information Security Risk Analysis - Develops, maintains and applies tools, methods and processes to analyze risk from threats to confidential information. Writes appropriate recommendations that will bring risks to an acceptable level. Develops and delivers audience appropriate information security assessment and recommendation presentations and reports. Establishes and maintains sound metrics to track and demonstrate information security improvement and risk management. Prepares risk assessment reports for technical and executive audiences.
4. Security Incident Prevention, Detection and Handling - Develops, maintains, communicates and applies incident management policy, standards and procedures. Researches, evaluates, recommends, designs technical policies for and implements security technologies such as web content filtering systems, email filtering systems, end point protection systems, network firewall systems, intrusion prevention and detection systems (IDS/IPS), data loss protection (DLP) systems, security incident event management (SIEM) systems to prevent, detect and respond appropriately to threats to confidential information and information resources. Monitors security systems; recognizes anomalies of various systems, and handles or escalates appropriately. Writes professional and factual incident reports. Makes recommendations for recovery and prevention.
5. Data Analysis - Analyzes security threat intelligence, tunes and calibrates security systems to improve effectiveness. Analyzes and correlates network dataflow logs, web logs, computer and application user activity logs, and security incident logs for information relevant to a real or potential information security or privacy breach or to support decision making and risk mitigation.
6. Project Management - Lead discovery and information gathering sessions. Perform alternatives analysis documenting pros and cons, cost, feasibility, risk and other information to support a decision to select the best solution. Manage small to medium projects; assemble project participants to organize work to complete specific tasks on projects. Organize and facilitate meetings to identify and remove barriers, and to progress work. Follow-up with assignees on incomplete tasks and open issues. Provide detailed communication between disparate teams to keep project moving.
7. Other – Trains and assists less experienced information security staff and IT staff regarding security methods for systems they support. Takes on-call for urgent security events.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or a related field (or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience) required.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Eight (8) years in professional IT positions, with 4 years of experience in related job functions required.
● If an Associate's degree: Twelve (12) years in professional IT positions, with 4 years of experience in related job functions required.
● If a high school diploma or GED: Sixteen (16) years in professional IT positions, with 4 years of experience in related job functions required.
Legal Employer: NC Health
Entity: Shared Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.