Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1142
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for managing one or more highly complex or enterprise wide IT program(s) consisting of multiple projects. Develops the program strategy, supporting business case, and various enterprise wide high-level project plans. Ensures integration of projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business.
1. Communicates with IT leadership, business leadership, and IT Business Consultants or vendors, to communicate program strategy, direction, and changes. Partners with senior leadership to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing technology to achieve the goals of the organization.
2. Manages all aspects of the design, development, and implementation of the program. Develops the program strategy, supporting business case and various enterprise wide high-level project plans for assigned programs. Ensures integration of projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business. Facilitates and makes trade off decisions between quality, costs, resources, scope and time to market.
3. Recognizes areas for internal improvement and develops plans for implementing them.
4. Responsible for delivering all projects within the program on time, within budget, and meeting the strategic and business requirements.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● Project Management Professional (PMP)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Three (3) years of experience in program management or seven (7) years of experience in project management.
● If an Associate's degree: Seven (7) years of experience in program management or eleven (11) years of experience in project management.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eleven (11) years of experience in program management or fifteen (15) years of experience in project management.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Proven ability to lead complex project initiatives, develop and implement program strategies, and manage multiple projects simultaneously is required. Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Entity: Shared Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.