Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 1146
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Supports physicians, clinicians, health care workers, affiliates and partners by providing continuous support, troubleshooting and identifying opportunities for clinical information system improvements. Serves as a liaison between the clinical departments and IT in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Promotes future and present system functionality by designing, building and testing the clinical information systems. Enhances the organization by driving the evolution of customer-oriented, cost-effective and integrated health information management systems.
1. Coordinates and actively participates in the planning, design, development, implementation, maintenance, training and evaluation of clinical information systems for nursing services.
2. Develops in depth knowledge of the system capabilities, applications and processes to function effectively as an educator for system users. Provides training to new users and provides end-user support.
3. Facilitates the integration of data, information and knowledge to support patients, nurses and other providers in their decision-making.
4. Participates in the development of clinical informatics protocols, policies, procedures, and quality metrics and works to assure compliance with regulations.
5. Represents the concerns and issues of the assigned clinical constituencies related to clinical informatics.
6. Works collaboratively with Information Technology, medical staff and the various patient care departments.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Computer Science or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● Credentialed healthcare professional (e.g., Registered Nurse, Resp Therapist, Rad Tech) licensed to practice in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Two (2) years of clinical practice experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Six (6) years of clinical practice experience.
● If a high school diploma or GED: Ten (10) years of clinical practice experience.
● One (1) year of experience in healthcare data analysis or healthcare information system application development.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Entity: Shared Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Rocky Mount
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.