Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1566
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs duties of an Administrative Associate but with some authority to step outside confines of established procedures. They are also considered the subject matter authority in the administrative area for the department/clinic.
1. Assisting in developing budgets, monitoring expenditures, and reconciling financial statements. Investigating discrepancies and processing corrective actions.
2. Coordinating and completing special projects independently or in cooperation with other groups as assigned.
3. Determines administrative needs and making arrangements for conferences, meetings, seminars or other related activities.
4. Extracting and compiling data from written sources, individuals, and/or databases and providing interpretation.
5. Managing departmental information systems.
6. Preparing complex databases, reports, charts, graphs, spreadsheets at designated intervals as requested. Composing formal correspondence and documents for internal or external circulation.
7. Serving as point person for all complex customer service and administrative issues. Interpreting and communicating policies/procedures to other parties based on knowledge of the organization and departmental guidelines. Routinely providing guidance and direction to lower-level staff. Assists with screening applications and conducting initial interviews of entry-level staff as needed. Investigate patient and provider complaints and provide reports with root causes and service recovery.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of clerical experience.
● If Bachelor's degree, one (1) year of clerical experience of increasing variety and/or complexity
● If Associate's degree, three (3) years of clerical experience of increasing variety and/or complexity.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Customer Focus: makes the customer and their needs their top priority and goes the extra mile to satisfy their customers. Demonstrates the ability to resolve customer problems. Technical expertise: understands the technical aspects of one’s job. Effectively uses Microsoft office products in order to produce reports and documents. Demonstrates the ability to learn and master the scheduling system as appropriate Coachability: Receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embraces continuous improvement Accountability: Manages performance to meet expected results. Works to meet the internal/external customer requirements. Fiscal responsibility: Understands the insurance process and seeks to make the best decision/referral in the interest of the customer. Understands the relationship of the budget and resources to the strategic plan. Coaching: Shares information, advice and suggestions to help others to be more successful. Provides appropriate support and acts as a resource depending on the situation and capabilities of the employee. Conflict Resolution: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Finds agreement on issues and follows through on implementation Solving Problems: Uses logic and intuition to arrive at decisions or solutions to problems that achieve the desired outcome.
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.