Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1941
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This is a full-time position with the UNC Health Care Population Health Services department. Applicants will be expected to complete tasks assigned by the Population Health Manager and the Population Health Supervisors. Tasks include, but are not limited to: Patient outreach and scheduling Quality metric chart reviews Preventative gap closure Data abstraction Applicants are not required to be clinical; however preference will be given to clinical applicants. Team members will be trained on Epic, UNC's Electronic Medical Record, and will learn the basics of Population Health Management, Payer contract support and Health Maintenance compliance.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others. Maintains compliance with UNCPN policies and procedures, and safety and regulatory guidelines.
2. Demonstrates ability to work in multiple databases, navigate within electronic medical records, and assess compliance with quality metrics.
3. Provides administrative, clerical and IT support to UNC HCS and UNCPN leadership and physician practices to achieve quality metrics and patient outcomes.
4. Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills with team members, patients, and caregivers.
5. Works collaboratively with other quality improvement and administrative staff in UNCPN and across the UNC HCS.
● High school diploma or GED required.
● ACLS within 6 months of hire
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Applicants must have experience in the medical office setting or related training and education, such as health care management or patient registration and billing. Preference will be given to candidates who are a Certified Medical Assistant, Licensed Practical Nurse, Registered Nurse, Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Certified Professional Coder.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: Pop Health Supp Admin
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.