Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1945
Location: Kinston, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The scribe is a person who is present during a provider's performance of clinical services, and who documents in the medical record on behalf of the provider, what was said during the course of the service , as well as, the activities performed by the provider. Supports physicians designated by the clinic medical director by entering clinical documentation on their behalf. Medical scribes accompany one physician at a time and directly observe that physician's encounters with patients. Scribes accurately document clinical information and events that occur during a patient visit in Epic. Medical scribes also assist the physician by entering orders for tests, treatments and medications on his or her behalf.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Enter data into the electronic medical record, ensuring the EMR is complete and accurate.
3. Gather and document clinical information from other current or historical records under the direction of the provider.
4. Perform other duties that improve the efficiency of the provider such as, assisting with medication reconciliation, documenting procedures, and providing communication assistance (message to other providers, scanning, printing or copying medical records).
5. Must complete annual HIPPA, patient confidentiality and scribe training requirements and sign a confidentiality agreement.
● High School diploma or GED.
● Prefer CMA
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Medical terminology education, CNA, CMA or other medical experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNC Pulm & Sleep Med at Lenoir
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Kinston
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.