Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1992
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the management oversight of a a large oncology clinical group at the comprehensive cancer center site.
1. Responsible for efficient staffing to meet patient and departmental needs. Responsible for the hiring process, orientation of new coworkers, and evaluation of the coworkers' performance to ensure safe, quality patient care and to ensure Rex standards of performance are met.
2. Evaluates patient and staff satisfaction and implements programs for maintenance and improvement. Addresses patient/family, physician, and coworker concerns in a timely manner and follows up as needed.
3. Manages the delivery of cost effective, quality patient care or service based on established regulatory, professional, and organizational standards. Develops, implements, and maintains policies and procedures.
4. Responsible for departmental budget and utilization of resources. Identifies variances and implements measures to address the variance. Regularly reports the financial status of the department to the Regional Practice Administrator and Executive Director.
5. Designs methods and plans to integrate services within the department and with other departments throughout the organization.
6. Ensures staff are achieving corporate and departmental goals and seeks ways for team to meet or exceed goals. Leads teams to achieve targeted results.
7. Responsible for performance improvement activities. Leads development, testing, and implementation of performance improvement solutions.
8. Responsible for monitoring the compliance of all charging and the supporting documentation to ensure proper billing as appropriate in the department. Audits as needed and regularly reports outcomes to the Regional Practice Administrator and Executive Director.
● Bachelor's degree in Business, Healthcare Management, Nursing, or a related field or equivalent. Master's degree preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● With a Bachelor's degree, five (5) years of healthcare leadership experience in a medical office or ambulatory outpatient setting.
● With an Associate's degree, nine (9) years of healthcare leadership experience in a medical office or ambulatory
● With a High School diploma or GED, thirteen (13) years of healthcare leadership experience in a medical office or ambulatory outpatient setting.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, clinical documentation, and legal documents. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to inquiries from patients, family members, physicians, staff members, regulatory agencies, and community members.
● Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
● Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret extensive technical instructions.
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Hematology Oncology
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.