Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 184
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This is an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse charged with of acts of prevention, diagnosis and health management . The Clinical Nurse Specialist has advanced formal education or graduate degree in a clinical nursing specialty and certification from a national credentialing body to practice in categories including, but not limited to clinical nurse specialist.
1. Adhere to the standards, policies, procedures and goals of the health care system
2. Demonstrate cost effectiveness by using supplies judiciously, anticipating needs for special supplies and equipment, and making recommendations for change.
3. Demonstrate responsibility for own professional growth and development.
4. Design, conduct and publish clinical nursing research.
5. Independently plan and deliver an array of patient care services in a distinct clinical nursing specialty with a collaborative practice with the physician. This practice can be an inpatient or outpatient service.
6. Provide education as indicated after assessing the learning needs of the patient, family, staff members and students. Develop and present clinical education programs on a state and nation-wide basis.
● Master's degree in Nursing (MSN) from a school of professional nursing.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
● Certification in the advanced practice area of specialization.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience in the specialty.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.