Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 2061
Location: Eden, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Nursing Director supports the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Morehead Memorial Hospital and serves as an ambassador within the organization and the community. The Director provides operational and functional leadership including responsibility for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the structures and processes to support nursing practice and the delivery of patient/family centered care in accordance with the MMH and Nursing strategic plans. Assumes twenty-four hour responsibility for assigned area. Primary functions include creation of a professional practice environment, development of evidence based standards of care, employment and development of competent staff, management of resources, financial management, process improvement activities, and contributions to the collective practice of nursing at MMH.
1. In collaboration with the VP Patient Care Services and CNO, defines and establishes the goals, objectives, processes, and resources required to support nursing practice and nursing standards development in alignment with the organization’s mission, vision, values, and strategic direction and regulatory requirements; assumes primary responsibility for projects and special assignments; fosters an environment of professionalism; evaluates the impact of decisions on the organization as evidenced by a systems thinking approach that promotes inclusion of all departments/services
2. Understands, articulates, and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and professional organization standards; maintains knowledge of current nursing practice; applies process/performance improvement principles to identify and address problems; partners with Clinical Nurse Manager and Case Manager in designing continuum of care options for managing throughput
3. Coaches, develops, and provides leadership to assigned Clinical Nurse Managers through ongoing dialogue and scheduling of monthly meetings; fosters independence and autonomy in Clinical Nurse Managers; maintains credibility with physicians as a champion of patient care, quality, and nursing professionalism; works collaboratively with other patient care and support departments; provides timely, thorough, and constructive feedback on performance
4. Participates in the Nursing Department’s strategic planning and goal setting process and collaborates with the Clinical Nurse Manager in developing aligned unit based management plans with quarterly reporting of goal achievement; Prepares department budget and actively participates in cost management/reduction initiatives; assists Clinical Nurse Manager in recruitment, interviewing, and selection of staff; develops and maintains master staffing plan; champions the delivery of patient/family centered care; participates in workforce planning; assists Clinical Nurse Manager in implementation of MMH's employee evaluation and goal setting process
5. Integrates high ethical standards and core values into all work activities and instills those values into others in department; serves as role model and mentor; assumes role of preceptor/instructor as requested; complies with all organization policies and procedures
● Prefer Bachelor's of Science in Nursing
● Registered Nurse Licensure in North Carolina
● CPR certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires three years acute care leadership experience
● Prefer prior Director level experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Organization Unit: RHC Emergency Room
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.