Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 787
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Patient Experience Advisor ensures positive, fair, and consistent health care experience services. This role collaborates with employees on all levels, patients, and guests to conduct investigations into allegations involving care and service for the health system. The Patient Experience Advisor determines the appropriate investigatory approach, analyzes the information obtained to reach reasonable conclusion and works with parties involved to provide an appropriate verbal or written response.
1. Responsible for effective case management of HCS patient grievances and complaints. Conduct assessments and provide actionable feedback. Utilize various conflict management techniques to deescalate the situation as needed.
2. Develops and leads patient grievance and complaint investigations. Oversees and hears formal, written and informal, verbal concerns. Partner with Legal/ Risk Management in conducting investigations, research policies/ practices, create and gather documentation, make recommendations and communicate resolutions when applicable. Identify best practices to influence continuous improvement in the organization. Make independent judgements and renders advice on patient grievances and complaints at all levels.
3. Coaches, mentors, and advises employees in developing an understanding and interpretation of policy and procedures related to patient grievance and complaint management. Collaborates with Legal/ Risk Management on disruptive behavior matters.
4. Assesses data from the patient grievance and complaint database to identify issues and themes within departments and divisions and recommend proactive solutions. Provide support on ad hoc requests for data.
5. Identifies patient grievance and complaint issues and develops strategy and practices to prevent further escalation. Keeps all stakeholders informed and aware of all CMS guidelines and deadlines.
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field
● CPXP Certification within one year of hire
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Four (4) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination or education and experience
● If Associate's degree, requires eight (8) years of relevant experience
● If high school degree, requires twelve (12) years of relevant experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● ·Persuasive speaking skills
·Ability to use positive language
·Clear communication skills (written and verbal)
·Willingness to improve
·Knowledge of dealing with challenging situations and customer experience
·Ability to admit that you do not have an answer
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.