Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 2126
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides professional medical services to patients.
1. Provides medical supervision, consultation, and coordination of services rendered to patients by the PVL staff. Identifies potential issues, which might be detrimental to patient care and provides medical direction and judgment in establishing feasible remedies to problems.
2. Coordinates timely communication to referring physicians regarding diagnostic and therapeutic recommendations.
3. Establishes standards of performance and monitors adherence to those standards by the PVL staff, including seeking compliance with all JCAHO standards and final review of all policies and procedures.
4. Reviews credentials of physicians applying for privileges to interpret studies performed in the PVL as set forth in the rules and regulations of the PVL in accordance with the Bylaws of the Medical Staff of Rex Hospital.
5. Determines the need for necessary equipment and supplies for the PVL and submits recommendations for the same to Rex. Serves in a consulting capacity to Rex administration with regard to the development and expansion of the PVL to develop goals and objectives for the Scope of Services.
6. Provides or coordinates in-service training and, as appropriate, continuing medical education to the professional and support staff of the PVL. Is available in consulting capacity to other members of the Rex medical staff concerning vascular medical issues.
7. Participates in efforts to monitor and improve quality of care and appropriate utilization of services through established means of accountability including quality assurance and program evaluation.
8. Coordinates and assists in efforts to inform the community and physicians about the services offered by the PVL. Maintains active involvement in appropriate medical staff committees related to the PVL.
9. Maintains awareness of professional standards by membership and participation in professional societies and groups.
10. Maintains professional competence through continuing education appropriate to the PVL and personal needs.
● Active member of the Rex Hospital Medical Staff, including meeting the Board Certification requirements. Graduation from an accredited school of medicine.
● MD License in healthcare specialty;DEA;MD
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer prior experience in Vascular Medicine.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Goldsboro
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.