Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 2153
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Infection Prevention Nurse is an independently functioning nurse with exceptional knowledge in infection control and hospital epidemiology. They participates in activities related to the prevention and control of nosocomial infections in patients, employees and visitors.
1. Consultation - Serves as consultant/liaison with hospital departments, hospital committees (e.g., Infection Control Committee, Pet Visitation), CQI teams, area health departments. Prepares, reviews and initiates infection control policies as assigned
2. Education - Serves as an educator by developing educational programs and materials for hospital employees regarding infection control policies. Participates in continuing education activities at the department, hospital, state and national level
3. Exposure Work-Up - Evaluates communicable disease exposures within the hospital complex to contain infectious diseases and prevent disease transmission to patients and employees.
4. Investigational Studies--May monitor construction activities to ensure infection control measures are implemented and continued during renovation and construction activities. Participates in the review of hospital construction and renovations to ensure that infection control issues are addressed
5. Outbreak Investigation ? Participates in the evaluation of nosocomial infection outbreaks to detect causes and formulate solutions to improve patient outcomes
6. Quality Assessment? Evaluates new equipment and products to ensure provision of elements necessary to prevent the spread of infection and for adequate disinfections. Performs quality control activities to evaluate the effectiveness of written communication and educational activities related to infection control and established guidelines for antibiotic usage.
7. Surveillance ? Performs ward surveillance, monitors patient isolation/precautions and medical records to determine health care associated infections in order to establish baseline infection rates, detect changing patterns or problems requiring action, communicate pertinent observations to those responsible for patient care, and identify epidemics, clusters of infections, infections due to unusual pathogens.
● Graduation from a state-accredited school of professional nursing
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience in either patient care, infection control, occupational safety or ergonomics.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Infection Control Services
Work Type: Active Temporary (Full-Time)
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.