Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 253
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The AVP Physician & Ambulatory Services is responsible for the overall management and administration for Physician Services and Ambulatory Services groups at UNC Rex Healthcare.
1. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence and by promoting the organization's vision internally and externally. Delegates responsibility, clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Leads in a deliberate and predictable way and operates with transparency. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Develops the ability of others to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and by providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods. Manages and resolves conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
2. Leading Change - Acts as a catalyst for organizational change. Influences others to translate vision into action. Brings about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Establishes an organizational vision and implements it in a continuously changing environment. Is open to change and new information and rapidly adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Deals effectively with pressure and remains optimistic and persistent, even under adversity. Recovers quickly from setbacks. Formulates objectives and priorities, and implements plans consistent with the long-term interests of the organization. Capitalizes on opportunities and manages risks. Takes a long-term view and builds a shared vision with others.
3. Results Driven - Exceeds organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Fosters a culture of safe and compassionate patient care. Makes well-informed, timely decisions, even when data are limited or solutions produce unfavorable results. Positions the organization for success by identifying new opportunities and builds the organization by developing and improving services. Leads the budgeting process. Uses cost-benefit thinking to set priorities, monitors expenditures in support of programs and policies, and identifies cost-effective approaches.
● Requires Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires 10 years of progressively responsible experience and 7 years of management experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to communicate ideas and solutions in a clear, concise manner. Identifies problem areas and skill gaps proactively and addresses them appropriately. Excellent project management and change management skills for designing and implementing high priority department initiatives in a complex environment.
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.