Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 1939
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Part Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides pyscho-social support to corporate health employees.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self, and others.
2. Performs comprehensive and interdisciplinary patient assessments.
3. Provides supportive counseling to corporate health employees.
4. Participates in interdisciplinary care planning.
5. Serves as a liaison and resource between patients, families, providers and the whole healthcare team.
6. Educates physicians, patient care teams, and patients/families in pyscho-social care principles and practices.
7. Participates in departmental, service line and organization-wide improvement activities.
8. Demonstrates effective communication skills as a corporate employee health team member and liaison in patient care processes.
● Master's Degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Minimum of two years experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from patients, their families and the general public. Ability to effectively present and receive information in one-on-one and small group situations, as well. Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts to practical situations. Reasoning ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Cisco LifeConnections
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.