Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 264
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
The UNC Department of Ophthalmology is actively seeking a Clinical Director to oversee all day-to-day operations, strategic planning, financial and human resource management as well as space & facilities planning for our multi-site locations. Our locations include UNC Kittner Eye Center, UNC Eye Holly Springs, UNC Park Ophthalmology and UNC Eye Roxboro. The Director also works closely with contracted satellites such as UNC Specialty Care at Pittsboro and Alamance Eye Center.
We have an unwavering mission to improve the health of all of our patients by providing the highest quality clinical care, pioneering new ways to treat and prevent eye disease, and by educating the next generation of ophthalmologist thru our resident and fellows program, now in its 67th year. Patients and their families will be welcomed to an environment that is supportive and collegial, ensuring the best service and care. Our primary objective is to provide diagnostic, medical and surgical treatment to patients with ophthalmic problems; to educate medical students and residents in ophthalmic principles, practices, and ethics; and to conduct systematic, scientifically defensible studies that increase understanding of ophthalmic issues and lead to improved surgical and medical procedures. Our foremost principle of care is to provide optimum quality eye health care to a wide range of patients effectively and efficiently as possible. The Department is committed to four main purposes of the medical center: research, education, community service, and quality patient care.
The Director of Clinical Operations is responsible for the management and coordination of the administrative functions for our multidisciplinary eye centers. The Clinical Director is a senior leadership position that will provide vision, governance, mentoring, organization, and guidance to all site managers that report upward to this position.
The Clinical Director will joining and work collaboratively with the UNC Eye Center Outpatient Taskforce Committee steered by the Department Chairman and Department Medical Director. The Clinical Director would report on new initiatives, disciplines and metrics and would provide the support to facilitate processes for implementation and improved workflows.
The Clinical Director may be responsible for other job-related tasks beyone those listed in the preceding description.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Oversees business, clinical and financial aspects of the Division of Ambulatory Care. Responsible for the ongoing operation of these areas as well as for the implementation of strategic growth priorities in these areas. The position is responsible for budgeting, personnel management, business operations and strategy. Serves as a vital leader of Ambulatory Care.
1. Management and coordination of faculty activities- The clinical faculty are engaged in a diverse array of responsibilities. The director is responsible for working with management to plan and coordinate the activities of the faculty as a whole.
2. Strategic planning and implementation - The director should be an active participant in the strategic planning process, as well as directly supervising implementation of strategic initiatives. Responsible for preparation of updated documents for Strategic Planning Steering Committee.
3. Supervision of business processes. The director has ultimate responsibility for all business operations of the Ambulatory Care division. While details of the processes are monitored by other managers, the director should have a comprehensive understanding of all relevant processes, and be able to facilitate clinical operations.
4. Supervision of direct report staff. The director has comprehensive supervisory responsibility for a number of manager-level and line staff level personnel. The director should exercise good judgement in an independent fashion in all HR issues. The director is also responsible for reviewing available data to ensure that new employees are being hired in accordance with demonstrated clinical need.
5. The director has full ownership of the annual budgeting process as well as reporting on the status of the budget and finances throughout the year. Deliverables for the position include the comprehensive budget for the Division of Ambulatory Care, maintenance of a comprehensive service line dashboard of performance reports related to finances, productivity, volume, service and quality.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Health Administration or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of experience in a service industry, including two (2) years in a medical practice administration.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.