Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 2215
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides direct pastoral care to patients, families and staff manage pastoral care in various clinical areas provide rotate institutional back-up pastoral care 24/7 designs pastoral care programs for specific patients/clients/organization and provides pastoral consultation in interdisciplinary patient care.
1. Consultation--Serves as a resource or consultation for staff, CPE residents and interns about patient (client) problems, and assists in utilizing institutional and/or community resources in meeting patient (client), family, and staff needs. Collaborates with other departments or agencies serving the specific needs of the client population.
2. Departmental and institutional responsibilities--attends meetings as assigned such as the Ethics Committee, CQI, Palliative Care, CISM, and diversity education. Participates in appropriate professional organizations.
3. Ensures that care provided and other activities are documented appropriately
4. Manages pastoral care provided by self and CPE interns/residents in defined clinical area or a larger patient (client) group with complex problems. Coordinates pastoral care rotations. Coordinates volunteer activities.
5. Program development--Develops pastoral care programs, educational and/or outreach programs for specific patient (client) populations, large clinical area, and/or agency
6. Provides pastoral care to patients (clients), families, and staff in specified clinical area in accordance with the professional code of ethics. Provides religious rites and rituals and memorial services as appropriate to the patient population.
● Master's degree in Divinity (M.Div.) or equivalent degree from an accredited seminary or university.
● Graduation from accredited college and seminary with four (4) units of ACPE CPE, faith group endorsement.
● Board eligible by the Association of Professional Chaplains. Certification must be obtained within two years of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prior pastoral experience in hospital setting and/or congregation.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Hospice Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.