Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 288
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position provides support to the pharmacist by reviewing, compounding and dispensing medications. All work is carried out under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
1. Compounds and/or prepares medications (sterile products, oral, topical, controlled substances, etc.). with the exception of high-risk medication processes as defined by the entity, as authorized by a physician, under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
2. Delivers exchanges medications to the respective patient area and returns unused medications to the pharmacy.
3. Documents pharmaceutical activities including patient billing for medications and equipment, quality control requirements, etc. using automated and paper systems. Ensures accuracy of data.
4. Responds to and triages requests from customers for assistance with pharmacy services such as medication delivery, drug information, etc.
5. Operates and supports automated dispensing technology to supply correct medications for individual patients, according to pharmacist and physician orders.
6. Orders, receives, restocks, and rotates inventory, and completes expiration date management.
7. Contributes to process improvement projects.
8. Completes regulatory compliance inspection of medication storage areas, including inspections and/or controlled substance inventories, USP797 and other regulatory documentation as required.
● High school diploma or GED. Completion of an academic pharmacy technician training program preferred.
● Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a PharmD program.•Requirement to become a certified pharmacy technician (CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA) within 12 months of employee orientation date (EOD), with the first exam scheduled within the first 6 months of EOD. •Pharmacy students enrolled in a PharmD program do not need to obtain certification.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prior pharmacy technician experience is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.