Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 2285
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs nursing assistant and unit secretary tasks for perinatal units.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Prepares, maintains, and disseminates unit reports according to guidelines and as requested.
3. Transcribes, documents, and transmits physician orders and other pertinent information.
4. Prepares and maintains the patients medical record.
5. Requisitions supplies and submits patient charges.
6. Answers telephone and intercom calls and provides information or relays messages to patients/families and member of the health care team. Directs visitors to patients' rooms.
7. Performs activities of daily living for or with patients.
8. Provides transport for patients to designated areas within the facility.
9. Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
10. Completes specified Nursing Assistant tasks.
11. Communicates pertinent patient information to appropriate person(s).
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. Completion of an accredited Nursing Assistant Training program and listing with the Nurse Aide Registry with the Department of Facility Services.
● Requires certification as a Nursing Assistant I. BCLS certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Previous Secretarial/Nursing Assistant experience in clinical specialty preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex NICU
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 0.75
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.