Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 236
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Part Time
Shift: Day Job
Thursday-Friday 6:45am-7:15pm, also rotating holidays
The intake specialist assists in the patient registration process by scheduling appointments, entering patient information and providing excellent customer service.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
• Ensures and verifies key ADT information (insurance verification, patient and guarantor demographics, etc.) is current and accurate to ensure patient safety, charging, coding, insurance processing, and billing accuracy.
• Schedules all new and follow-up patient appointments as required. Attempt to reschedule cancellations whenever possible. Communicates cancellations to provider as necessary.
• Completes and documents all governmental, regulatory, financial, and contractual forms in accordance to procedure. Ensures document is scanned/saved to correct location and is legible.
• Utilizes price estimation tool, when applicable, as part of the registration process to provide the most accurate estimate to patients
• Meets departmental target for up front collections to include deposits, estimated amounts due, co-pays, and/or prior balances.
• Answers telephones, directs calls, takes and delivers messages
• Ensures customer service by consistently demonstrating a caring, positive, professional, and helpful disposition with all customer relations.
• Influences co-worker satisfaction by being self-motivated, a positive communicator, team player, and a willing and approachable resource to other co-workers. Demonstrates willingness to change to ensure continuous improvement.
• Actively participates in departmental QA by utilizing system work queues, making a personal effort to reduce individual errors, and making corrections. Utilizes system work queues as a daily part of the registration process to minimize errors.
• Effectively precepts new co-workers as assigned.
● High School Diploma or GED. College degree preferred.
● None required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● 2 years of customer service and/or clerical experience. Prefer experience in healthcare setting with exposure to patient registration or scheduling or insurance authorization processes.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
● Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply basic mathematical skills such as counting money and making change, using a credit card and adding machine.
● Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to define problems, collect data or information, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to develop independent solutions.
Entity: Shared Services
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 24.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.