Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 703
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides clinical nutrition support to the registered dietitians by collecting, processing, and disseminating information about patients as obtained by interview and review of medical charts. Provides other clinical nutrition services such as diet instruction and formulation calculations as directed by the registered dietitians.
1. Actively participates in on-going committees and meetings with their assigned clinical nutrition team. Conducts on-going CQI processes. Completes clinical on-the-job training as assigned.
2. Acts as a liason for the clinical dietitians and other members of Nutrition and Food Services staff by maintaining working knowledge of diet office systems and interacting with kitchen personnel as requested.
3. Conducts nutrition screening of patients using predetermined criteria to identify those at nutritional risk by collecting diet history, lab and anthropometric data from the patient, family, and medical charts. Compiles information, enters it in the medical chart and provides it to.registered dietitians.
4. Develops and implements nutrition care plans for patients at low nutritional risk. Provides diet instructions, assists with choosing appropriate therapeutic diet foods, mixes baby formulas, and/or discusses follow up nutrition care. Documents all activities in the patient's medical chart.
5. Records activities according to departmental procedures and policies. Makes daily entries in Adult and Infant Special Mix Formula / Tube feeding Binder based on current physician orders.
● Associate's degree from a program approved by the American Dietetics Association for Dietetic Technicians (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If an Associate's degree: No prior experience is required.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Four (4) years of dietetic experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.