Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 2462
Location: Eden, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The VP CFO for UNC Rockingham is responsible for providing financial leadership and coordination of the Rockingham's financial planning and reporting procedures, budget development and management functions, including interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance and use of management. Serve as a collaborative member of the hospital’s leadership team, providing proactive and creative financial guidance and advice to the Board of Trustees, President and other senior leaders.
1. Oversees the overall financial operations, including general accounting, patient financial services, budgets, audits, tax, governmental cost reporting and other financial planning activities; including management of respective department directors as assigned. Develops and oversees the management of financial policies, systems and controls to protect the corporation’s assets and help to establish and achieve operating and financial goals and objectives.
2. Serves as key advisor to the hospital President on financial management including revenue enhancement and cost controls, strategy and capital development and allocation. Provides financial leadership to hospital directors and managers that will enroll support, create ownership of goals and encourage active participation in decisions that impact the hospital.
3. Establishes effective working relationships with financial staff, external auditors, and counterparts in the UNC system and other organizations, key vendors and customers, government regulators and lending agencies. Works with general accounting staff in maintaining the hospital’s system of accounting in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Governmental Accounting and Financial Reporting Standards.
4. Leads generation of annual operating and capital budgets and produces monthly financial statements along with analyses showing results in comparison to budget, historical performance and identifying trends. Assists in accumulating hospital data and statistics necessary for the preparation of the annual Medicare and Medicaid Cost Reports.
5. Develops, evaluates, monitors and communicates long and short term financial objectives and metrics ensuring consistency and alignment with overall strategic goals and objectives. Assists senior management in the planning of new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue.
6. Coordinates and leads hospital’s monthly departmental operation reviews. Represents the hospital at meetings including medical staff, hospital board of trustees meetings as well as relevant community meetings as needed. Recruits, trains, supervises and evaluates departmental staff as assigned. Makes presentations to the Rockingham and UNC HCS directors, committees and boards.
Requires Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
Requires 10-12 years of progressively responsible experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Solves complex problems that may have a long-term impact on the business function/line of business. Develops innovative ideas and solutions with significance to the organization’s future. Identifies problem areas and skill gaps proactively and addresses them appropriately. Excellent project management and change management skills for designing and implementing Entity, Triangle, or System initiatives in a complex environment.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Organization Unit: RHC Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.