Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 891
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
UNC Health is seeking exceptional candidates to join our Strategic Planning group to guide the vision and strategic direction of the organization. This is a unique opportunity for a mission-driven individual to join a dynamic, collaborative, and fast-paced team environment as a Senior Strategy Consultant. For this role, we are looking for candidates who are passionate about shaping the future of a leading academic health system. You will bring creative and forward-thinking solutions to tackle today's most pressing health care issues, and partner with thought leaders across the organization to develop strategies that prepare us to be successful in the future.
The Strategic Planning department acts as an internal consulting group focused on leading strategy across UNC Health. Our department’s mission is to provide valued strategic insights, trusted advice, and skill execution that elevate UNC Health’s impact in North Carolina and position it as the nation's leading academic health care system. In our pursuit of this mission, we believe in embodying the values of innovation, professionalism, diversity, and collegiality. The Strategic Planning team is part of UNC Health’s “Transformation and Experience” division – a group focused on transforming healthcare and achieving our vision and mission as One UNC Health.
The Senior Strategy Consultant plays a lead role in supporting these objectives. This position will consistently interact with system leaders at all levels of the organization and will serve as a strategy liaison to clinical leadership, hospital executives, and others across UNC Health. Senior Strategy Consultants will also lead project teams in project management, client engagement, meeting facilitation, and both quantitative and qualitative analysis on challenging projects such as:
• Strategic planning for the UNC Health system, regions across the state of North Carolina, UNC Health-affiliated hospitals, and UNC SOM clinical departments
• Service line and specialty program strategies, including analysis of performance, evaluation of competitive position, and development of strategic options
• Evaluation of strategies required to succeed in value-based care and population health • Development of business plans or financial models for opportunities such as new partnerships, ambulatory and facility planning, and high priority strategic initiatives
Sample job duties include:
• Manage project teams and serve as a project lead on major strategic projects. Effectively lead teams of consultants to accomplish project objectives and meet needs of stakeholders and senior leaders across the system. Define projects, develop project plans, and set priorities for working teams. Engage external stakeholders. Keep projects focused and on track. Plan and facilitate meetings.
• Evaluate and prioritize strategic opportunities. Ensure effective and impactful analytics, provide business insight into implications of findings, develops business plans, and serve as a key champion for recommended opportunities.
• Act as a key liaison between clinical leaders, hospital executives, and others, and ensure a tight linkage between the organization’s efforts and its strategic goals. Serve as a key champion of the organization’s strategic priorities to internal constituents through formal and informal communications.
Desired skills include exceptional critical thinking, problem solving, relationship building, high competency presenting and communicating, and the ability to function with limited guidance in leading projects in collaboration with other team members. The ideal candidate will have strong financial, project management, and change management skills, be analytically oriented, and be capable of translating analysis into storylines and narratives. This individual should be comfortable working both individually and collaboratively with teams to meet project deadlines and lead strategic planning processes. Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills are necessary.
● Master's degree or Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Master's degree: Three (3) years of relevant experience (e.g., finance, banking, business development, private equity, strategy or consulting) or one (1) year at a top tier consulting firm with one (1) year of relevant experience.
● If a Bachelor's degree: Four (4) years of relevant experience (e.g., finance, banking, business development, private equity, strategy or consulting) or two (2) years at a top tier consulting firm.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, relationship building and communication skills. Ability to function with limited guidance and be comfortable working on projects alone or leading more junior team members.
Entity: Shared Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.