Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 2247
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Implements and supports the Picture Archive Communication System for the Department of Radiology. Defines and maintains the configuration of complex system to continually meet the operational requirements of the related operation. Serves as a liaison between the end-users, vendors and information services for any and all applications.
1. Assists in the CQI process within the department and section, as well as those that cross into other departments within the Health Care System.
2. Assists users in defining needs. Communicates as directed with vendors and information services to resolve problems and provide feedback for improvements as part of normal operation. Identifies characteristics of problems.
3. Configures existing systems to meet the requirements of the associated operational requirements and/or is able to alter operations to meet the capabilities of an existing system. Participates in testing existing and new systems to verify correct functionality.
4. Formulates/defines system scope and objectives based on user needs. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex application problems, considering radiology equipment capabilities and limitations, and form of desired results. In collaboration with vendors and information services, defines formal system tests for new and existing systems to ensure correct functionality. Acts as principal liaison between all levels of users and vendors
5. Installs equipment as directed in coordination with information services, facilitating workstation configuration, equipment transportation, etc.
6. Monitors and maintains aspects of the application relative to image acquisition, delivery, storage and interpretation.
7. Provides User training for physicians, technologists and other staff, providing tips and techniques of using systems applications for desired results. Assists with workflow modifications.
● Associate's degree or completion of an accredited Radiologic Sciences Program.
● If completion of an accredited Radiologic Technology Program: ARRT Certification. Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or Bioengineering: Two (2) years recent experience in in Radiologic Sciences working with Radiology Information Systems and PACS.
● If an Associate's degree: Six (6) years recent radiology information systems administration experience.
● If completion of an accredited Radiologic Technology Program: Six (6) years recent experience in Radiologic Sciences working with Radiology Information Systems and PACS.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Radiology Supp Salary Exp
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.