Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 2320
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for supervising clinical process in multiple practice locations in a designated region to ensure compliance with established clinical practice, working collaboratively with all levels of Practice, Regional, and Provider leadership to maintain appropriate patient flow, ensure compliance with established clinical practice, and identifying needs to develop/execute education and training programs. Coordinates clinical programs and competency assessments for clinical staff. Supports UNCHC/UNCPN QI and safety initiatives.
1. Oversight for clinical process in multiple practice locations within a designated geographic region and serves as a primary resource for clinical decision making and problem solving.
2. Collaborates with Regional and Practice leadership in interviewing, hiring, and developing clinical staff, as well as performance evaluations.
3. Coordinates and partners with Practice leadership to develop/plan orientation, training, and continuing education by identifying educational needs and developing/planning programs to ensure compliance with consistent clinical process.
4. Serves as a liaison between Staff, Providers, Senior Leadership, and other departments as appropriate. Works with Practice leaders to resolve complaints related to patient care and/or elevates appropriately.
5. Collaborates with Regional and Practice leaders to ensure compliance with established safety, governmental and regulatory agency guidelines, including but not limited to commercial insurers, CMS, HIPAA, OSHA, best practice, and infection prevention policies and procedures. Identifies and participates in unit based performance improvement activities.
6. Ensures clinical competency and skills assessment is completed annually for clinical staff. Provides support for staff who require remediation or additional training to achieve compliance.
7. Identifies quality improvement initiatives and works collaboratively with clinical staff to establish goals to improve clinical outcomes.
8. Responsible for maintaining current skills through self-development and relevant education. Identifies trends and responds proactively to changes in the health care market place. Actively participates in or leads UNCHC and UNCPN committees and projects advancing clinical knowledge and competency. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self, and others.
9. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self, and others.
10. Ensures compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
11. Promotes the delivery of high quality, low cost quality patient care.
12. Demonstrates good customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, and visitors. Demonstrates leadership in communication and team work. Actively participates in or leads UNCHC and UNCPN committees and projects advancing clinical knowledge and competency.
● Master’s degree in Nursing (preferred) or related field or equivalent.
● RN NC LIC Unrestricted NCDL Requires current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Current BCLS preferred or must obtain within 90 days of hire. BCLS Instructorship a plus. Local travel required between practice locations and occasional travel outside of designated area
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Master's degree: Three (3) years of clinical Nursing experience required. Previous Nursing supervisory and/or education experience required. Experience in Ambulatory Care or an Outpatient setting preferred.
● If a Bachelor's Degree: Five (5) years of clinical Nursing experience required. Previous Nursing supervisory and/or education experience required. Experience in Ambulatory Care or an Outpatient setting preferred.
● If an Associate's degree: Nine (9) years of clinical Nursing experience required. Previous Nursing supervisory and/or education experience required. Experience in Ambulatory Care or an Outpatient setting preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to develop reports and spreadsheets, analyze data and monitor trends. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Administration Staff
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US: NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.