Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 2524
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies)
Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Analyzes business unit(s) operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions. Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities. Enhances the organization by driving the evolution of customer-oriented, cost effective, and integrated business solutions.
1. Actively participates in the evaluation of systems to ensure standardization across the health system based on best practices and regulatory compliance. Participates in designated committees to develop an understanding of and facilitate business and clinical needs for technology. Collaborates with organizational project teams to ensure system development and implementation supports best department practices and workflow efficiency.
2. Analyzes user requirements, procedures, system capabilities and issues to automate processing or to improve existing system flow by working directly with departments within the organization to understand business processes, analyze current operational procedures, identify and resolve issues, and learn specific system requirements and specifications.
3. Collaborates with IT support to provide exemplary customer service to all business units.
4. Ensures that new/revised software produces desired results by testing its functionality, directing end-user involvement in testing and piloting with end-users to include the creation/revision of test scripts.
5. Interfaces with external vendors to support the implementation and development and delivery process.
6. Maintains solid technical competence of assigned customer systems while understanding the integration and interaction of all supported systems. Improves work processes by applying standard methodologies for business and clinical. Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business unit(s) supported to enhance the enterprise's competitive edge.
7. Participates in implementation of new and updated technology projects throughout the organization.
8. Participates in the problem management process to include reporting defects/problems, performing simple diagnostics to either resolve issues or obtain diagnostics to assist in investigating and resolving problems.
9. Reviews computer system capabilities and workflow to determine if requested application or modification is possible within existing systems.
10. Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications and educates the IT organization on the direction of the business. Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology. Prepares educational/ instructional materials (system documentation, workflow/ program flowcharts) to document business processes and system information.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Three (3) years of experience as a business analyst or project manager.
● If an Associate's degree: Seven (7) years of experience as a business analyst or project manager.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eleven (11) years of experience as a business analyst or project manager.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Affiliate Support
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Kinston
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.