Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 425
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Manages finances of all studies to include timely and accurate invoice processing, performs all accounting tasks, prepares monthly financial reports and monitors monthly budget expenditures, and identifies process improvements to decrease cost and increase revenue.
1. Assists in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budget. Works with leadership to translate Long Range Planning documents into annual operational plans for staffing needs and/or new program initiatives. Ensures comprehensive business planning and oversight for growth.
2. Creates regular and ad-hoc reports for leadership to assist in the decision-making process. Researches ways to enhance department revenues and control costs. Assists in the implementation of financial improvements and tracks achievement of objectives.
3. Designs and creates analytical models to ensure achievement of objectives and exercises independent judgment in model design and development. Assists in the compilation of market and operational analyses in coordination with department leadership, to support the budget and strategic planning process. Includes collecting, organizing, and interpreting large quantities of complex data.
4. Serves as a liaison between the department and clinical service line teams, representing the resources of the department and providing specialist knowledge in assigned area of expertise. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with internal and external clients.
5. Tracks and models population growth trends and health care utilization. Projects demand for services using complex spreadsheet analysis and regression models. Incorporates data from online market information system, State hospital databases, and other sources as appropriate.
6. Works closely with department managers and service lines to monitor workforce productivity and adherence to metric based targets.
7. Monitors development of annual State Medical Facilities Plan, Licensure and Facilities rules and other regulations affecting health care planning.
8. Assesses competitor service development and performance. Identifies and compiles operating and financial data on key competitors and provides trend analyses and ad-hoc reports of statistics.
9. Evaluates internal and external data on physician activity, identifying trends and opportunities for improvements in volume and revenue. Creates and updates trend reports of physician practice for operational and physician relations staff. Prepares physician needs assessment by specialty for market and facility.
10. Assesses new business plan development and performance. Compares operating and financial data on business plans in implementation and reports on their performance against projections. Reviews NC Surgery's financial reports, identifying trends and opportunities for performance improvement. Compares key financial indicators to those of competitors. Conduct financial analyses including return on investments and operational business planning support.
11. Provides financial, business, and operational support for the service line to align with the organization's goals, and provides the direction, method, tools and training to record, measure, and track the financial and operating performance of these areas.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.