Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 2392
Location: Eden, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Human Resources Specialist provides administrative support, technical data entry and data management for Human Resources. This position provides data updates, validation, and basic reporting for Human Resources. The Human Resources Specialist may be assigned responsibility for selected programs and events.
1. Human Resource Data: Responsible for high level HR Systems data maintenance (organizational level information). Responsible for validation of data and data audits while maintaining a high level of confidentiality. Identifies and corrects incomplete, improperly formatted and/or incorrect data through final review and approval of system workflow. Maintains various database information; provides tracking; processes data for reporting and updating/entering information for reporting purposes.
2. Administrative Support: May be required to provide on-going support of Human Resource programs and events, including but not limited to scheduling, monitoring, and reporting on the effectiveness of the assigned area(s). May participate in budget coordination and function as a liaison between HR and Finance/Accounting.
3. Communication & Collaboration: Provides assistance to employees, managers and other Health Care System customers relative to HR data information and issues. Assists employees with completing various HR forms; ensures completeness and accuracy. Provides assistance on data design and needs for special projects. Provides assistance to HR members relative to HR systems processes and procedures. Provides support in documenting HR processes for various systems.
4. Program & Project Support: May be responsible for overseeing a program or project in a specialized area of human resources such as recruitment, benefits, or data management. Performs tasks to support the assigned area at the direction of a senior HR staff member.
● Associate’s degree in related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If an Associate’s degree: Two (2) years of relevant experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Six (6) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills. Ability to maintain high level of accuracy. Excellent interpersonal skills. Good problem solving and decision making skills. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Commitment to confidentiality. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Organization Unit: RHC Human Resources
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.