Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 2286
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Coordinates check in and check out procedures, processes financial information, files, answers phones, and performs other administrative duties as assigned. Provides direct supervision and support for administrative office assistants and clinical office assistants.
1. Maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
2. Ensures compliance with revenue cycle and financial audit requirements.
3. Demonstrates effective computer skills, files, answers phones in a timely and professional manner providing complete and accurate information, and performs other administrative duties as required.
4. Accurately performs patient check in and check out procedures. Processes privileged patient information (obtains current insurance verification and authorization, codes visits using accurate ICD and CPT codes), balances daily receipts, and responds to billing questions. Schedules patient appointments entering all required demographic and clinical information into the system and coordinating with other parties.
5. Maintains adequate clinical supplies, office supplies, and equipment. Coordinates resolution of equipment repair and facility management issues.
6. Provides relief staffing, support and training for other administrative medical office assistants and clinical medical office assistants.
7. Provides direct supervision of administrative medical office assistants and clinical medical office assistants in the absence of the Practice Manager.
8. Maintains compliance with established safety and regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention policies and procedures.
9. Demonstrates leadership in customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, and visitors. Exhibits effective communication skills and team work.
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prefer completion of an accredited medical assisting program and 2 years of experience in a physician office.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of patients, or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent. Computer Skills: Ability to enter and process data accurately. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Carolina Advanced Health
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 1.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.