Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 2383
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
* Position qualifies for our Inpatient Respiratory Care Incentive Program, which includes a $15,000 commitment incentive with a three (3) year commitment, relocation assistance (relocation amounts based on location distance) and participation in our employee referral program ($3,000 referral bonus to employees who refer other Respiratory Therapists). To learn more on the program, please visit: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-hospitals-unc-rex-healthcare-respiratory-care-incentive-program
We have immediate and excellent opportunities for Respiratory professionals to join our team at UNC Health. Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
RCP full time positions available in all adult and pediatric ICUs. Both day (7a-7p) and night (7p-7a) shifts available.
Qualifications RT-Level 1:
• Education: Graduation from an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
• Experience RTI: No prior experience required. New grads encouraged to apply.
• Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current RCP licensure by the North Carolina Respiratory Care Board (NCRCB), BLS Healthcare Provider (on hire), Registry by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) within 6 months of hire.
Qualifications RT-Level 2:
• Education: Associate's degree from an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
• Experience: Two years acute care respiratory therapist experience.
• Licensure/Certification/Registration: Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) by the North Carolina Respiratory Care Board (NCRB). Must be registered (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care. BLS on hire. Must have either ACLS-Adults, NRP – NICU, PALS – PICU/Rex, CPFT – PFT, Advanced Practice certificate to administer moderate sedation in the Bronchoscopy Lab. Must maintain certification annually.
Respiratory Therapist II, demonstrates an advanced level of knowledge in respiratory care and assigned patient care areas and serves as a leader and resource to other staff reflective of experience level.
UNC Health Care offers a flexible and comprehensive benefits package, along with valuable work and family programs. (this is a State Benefit eligible role)
These programs allow employees to attain their retirement savings and career goals as well as meet their everyday needs. Our programs are designed to allow you to tailor a benefits package that best meets the unique needs of you and your family.
Why join UNC Health Care:
At UNC Health Care, we believe each employee is instrumental in impacting a patient’s experience as well as the future of our health care system. Our thriving work environment provides the challenges you need to excel in the ever-changing world of health care, and the support you need to enjoy a balanced lifestyle.
UNC Health Care is located in Chapel Hill, NC and neighbors the cities of Raleigh and Durham as part of the Triangle area. This growing region is consistently recognized in national media for its livability, culture, and community. Our coworkers live across all three Triangle cities and surrounding towns, and enjoy the Piedmont region of North Carolina for its proximity to the Blue Ridge Mountains and Carolina beaches. See why so many professionals are drawn to live, work and play in the Triangle area: workinthetriangle.com.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Respiratory Therapy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US: NC: Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.