Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 2617
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs a variety of administrative functions in support of a program or an administrative official in carrying out departmental financial and operating procedures and/or a program's administrative activities. Serves as the primary contact for the Fellowship Program. Coordinates program interviews, meetings, trainings and schedules for Fellows and Fellowship Director. “
1. Administers a department or program budget, including participating with management in the development of budgets and establishing fiscal goals and objectives. Monitors a variety of accounts, analyzes budgetary trends, prepares fiscal reports used by management in strategic planning. Advises supervisor on budgetary matters.
2. Develops and/or revises work procedures and methods, including necessary forms design, trains employees in work procedures.
3. May supervise subordinate group of employees in administering program activities to include selection, training, evaluating, counseling and disciplining as delegated.
4. Performs departmental or program purchasing administrative functions to include researching and recommending supplies and equipment to supervisor, expediting purchase orders and requisitions, and approving operational expenditures.
5. Performs space allocation functions to include researching and recommending space reallocation, addition and renovation to supervisor, recommending vendors, and monitoring projects.
6. Serves as a resource for management and employees in the interpretation and application of a variety of policies and procedures. Refines, develops, implements and communicates departmental and health care system policies and procedures to employees. Investigates and resolves matters regarding specific operating problems.
7. Serves as human resources representative by ensuring compliance with HR policies and procedures, and serving as liaison with Human Resource Services for recruitment, retention, classification, compensation, and employee relations issues.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Six (6) years of administrative support experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Medicine Cardiology
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.