Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 962
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides quality and organizational excellence through support of process improvement initiatives. Performs in-depth problem solving, independent decision-making and coordination of quality programs. Utilizes quality/process improvement tools, methodologies and technologies to solve business problems and enhance operations.
1. Provides quality and organizational excellence through support of process improvement initiatives. Performs in-depth problem solving, independent decision-making and coordination of quality programs. Utilizes quality/process improvement tools, methodologies and technologies to solve business problems and enhance operations.
2. Customer Service-Demonstrates customer service qualities that instill confidence. Mentors others on how to provide the highest level of customer service. Effectively follows up and closes all issues assigned or identifies issues to management with recommendations on how to proceed.
3. Measurement & Analysis-Holds regular discussions with leaders to understand processes and conduct improvement projects. Functions as a coach/consultant to assist departments in defining, measuring and analyzing problems. Understands TJC and related accreditation initiatives. Mastery of basic statistical concepts, tools and techniques and working knowledge of advanced topics (e.g., linear regression, logistic regression, DOE, etc.). Advanced analytic skills with the ability to define the analytic need, and integrate, interpret, and report findings.
4. Problem Solving & Implementation-Handles multi-department design and implementation conflicts and work to resolution. Ensures that user departments have provided input and have sense of ownership for final solution. Implements decisions and spreads best practice. Responsible for spread and adoption of initiatives.
5. Project Management-Provides project leadership, direction, coaching and facilitation across multiple departments. Capable of leading projects to successful completion. Identifies and resolves project issues involving resource constraints, project delays, and conflicts through effective communications and negotiations with project and executive sponsors. Manages project resources to ensure fiscal responsibility. Key participant in ?operations? committees.
6. Tools, Methodologies & Technologies-Develops and implements solutions using most appropriate tools, methodologies and technologies (TM&T). Proficient in the TM&T and how to apply them for business benefit. Mentors others in learning how to effectively use and apply TM&T.
● Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline (or health care licensure).
● No licensure or certification required.
● Health care licensure is required if absence of a Bachelor's degree.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: One (1) year of experience in quality team facilitation, project management, process improvement or quality data analysis. Clinical Experience associated with leading quality improvement efforts may be assessed as equivalent to direct quality improvement experience both in determining minimum requirements, as well as level of experience.
● If an Associates Degree: Five (5) years of experience in quality team facilitation, project management, process improvement or quality data analysis. Clinical Experience associated with leading quality improvement efforts may be assessed as equivalent to direct quality improvement experience both in determining minimum requirements, as well as level of experience.
● If a health care licensure: Prior experience leading advanced process improvement and quality initiatives.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: Shared Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.