Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 235
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
IHQI Quality Analyst
The UNC Institute for Healthcare Quality Improvement's (IHQI) invites applications for a Quality and Organizational Excellence Analyst (IHQI Quality Analyst). IHQI's mission is to catalyze healthcare improvement, spread and culture change by developing and mentoring clinical improvement leaders. IHQI pursues this mission through a variety of programs including Improvement Scholars.
Improvement Scholars is a structured, experiential learning program. Improvement Scholars learn clinical improvement leadership by proposing, designing and leading a project with guidance and support from IHQI.
Improvement Scholars projects are complex quality improvement interventions that involve designing and implementing systems and approaches to improve healthcare. While individual projects vary in content, focus and type, the purpose of each project is the same: to provide clinicians and other health care professionals with education, systems and support to enable them to implement strategies that improve the quality of healthcare.
Working closely with Improvement Scholars and IHQI Quality Leaders, the IHQI Quality Analyst participates in designing and developing interventions to improve clinical care and helps plan and facilitate implementation activities. The IHQI Quality Analyst provides support during project planning, start-up, implementation, and close-out. The IHQI Quality Analyst must interact comfortably with individuals with diverse skill sets and backgrounds and coordinate activity with multiple stakeholders. The IHQI Quality Analyst has frequent contact with physicians and other healthcare professionals and leaders. Effective oral and written communication in a rapidly changing environment is critical to the IHQI Quality Analyst's effectiveness. The IHQI Quality Analyst continually draws on the ability to manage ambiguity, solve problems and prioritize.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support the development and monitoring of project plan including deliverables, milestones, tasks and timeline.
2. Work closely with IHQI Quality Leaders to plan and coordinate meetings and improvement activities involving project stakeholders including clinical and administrative leaders and line staff.
3. Communicate with project stakeholders and team members regarding project status, tasks, implementation challenges, etc. during and between meetings and improvement activities.
4. Assist with the development of project documents and materials (e.g., charter, key driver diagram, A3s, run and/or control charts, standard work, training materials, tools to support clinical operations, progress reports, presentations, etc.).
5. Assist with monitoring, tracking and reporting data to help drive improvement. Contribute to development of sustainable workflows for performance monitoring.
1. Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
2.Dealing with Ambiguity – Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortable; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
3. Informing – Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
4. Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
5. Learning on the Fly – Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything.
6. Organizational Agility – Knowledgeable about how organizations work, knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
7. Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
8. Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
9. Written Communications - Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect
● Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline (or health care licensure).
● No licensure or certification required.
● Health care licensure is required if absence of a Bachelor's degree.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: One (1) year of experience in quality team facilitation, project management, process improvement or quality data analysis. Clinical Experience associated with leading quality improvement efforts may be assessed as equivalent to direct quality improvement experience both in determining minimum requirements, as well as level of experience.
● If an Associates Degree: Five (5) years of experience in quality team facilitation, project management, process improvement or quality data analysis. Clinical Experience associated with leading quality improvement efforts may be assessed as equivalent to direct quality improvement experience both in determining minimum requirements, as well as level of experience.
● If a health care licensure: Prior experience leading advanced process improvement and quality initiatives.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.