Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 845
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides prompt, accurate service in the sales recording at point-of-service operations within UNC Hospitals. The position has significant direct contact with the public including hospital employees, medical staff, university students and the general public such as visitors, friends and family of patients.
1. Assists in the maintenance of vendor products through merchandising efforts and assists in the maintenance of customer support activities in the dining areas including but not limited to preparing and serving food, tray preparation, restocking, adding ice to soda machines, brewing/transfer of coffee, and cleaning/sanitizing kitchen equipment, utensils and work areas.
2. Follows all safety and security measures as prescribed in the handling of cash receipts and adheres to all departmental requirements for compliance with the hospital?s Safety Department.
3. Maintains or enhances the self-esteem of customers during transactions and tolerates negative events when conflicting priorities are present. Communicates effectively with most age groups when dealing with the public.
4. Maintains the required cash handling standards set in the cashier?s manual. Maintains the requirements for a sanitation grade A by enforcing proper sanitation practices.
5. Marginal job functions include 1) providing Daily, Weekly or Monthly cash register reports to the department as required through scheduling 2) compiling and maintaining the financial documents necessary for the audit of sales receipts in a timely manner.
6. Records sales in the proper manner, completing transactions by receipt of cash or approved meal tickets and by check from approved clients. Properly addresses and directs concerns and complaints brought to their attention by customers.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience as a cashier or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.