Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 77
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs work requiring considerable knowledge in radiography, basic computer operations, appropriate patient care and monitoring. Also performs diagnostic and interventional neuro, thoracic, vascular, and skeletal, as well as other invasive procedures.
1. Documentation Schedules procedures to include documentation of the following information 1) patients name 2) patients medical record number 3) procedure to be performed 4) reason for said procedure 5) short medical history 6) ordering physician information 7) appropriate diagnostic information such as labs or previous studies 8) patient type (inpatient/outpatient/TBA). Assists supervisor or designee in documentation of essential employee file records. Generates patient procedure form (PPF) in radiology information system, providing all necessary information and complete in required manner, as well as completion in hospital information system. Maintains room procedure sheet for documentation of procedure performed and all supplies used during the course of the procedure, as well as any other applicable information relating to the actual procedure.
2. Equipment Operation Provides radiographic support during operating room procedures using state of the art mobile fluoroscopic equipment, positioning and appropriate technique selection. Performs portable radiographic procedures requiring use of standard portable radiographic equipment operation and appropriate technique selection. Performs image processing and quality assurance of such images evaluating them for proper anatomical part(s), alignment, radiographic techniques, image identification, and radiation protection. Performs systems checks on equipment to determine functionality. Clean radiographic equipment. Operates single plane and bi-plane digital imaging system (including mobile fluoroscopic equipment), power injector, and ultrasound equipment used for diagnostic and interventional procedures. Performs quality analysis for activated clotting times (ACT machine) and operates machine during procedures
3. Patient Care Describes exam to patient, assists in obtaining informed consent, completes necessary paper work for study, inputs patient information into radiology information system and procedure coding. Performs pre-procedural workup such as identifying patient, ensuring that the physician's orders are in chart, the SMS order is in HIS, and the informed consent has been obtained. Performs post procedure patient care such as cleaning area of interest and application of appropriate wound dressing.
4. Set Up Prepares interventional suite for upcoming procedure by setting up sterile trays and accessories, preparing equipment for operation, entering patient information, generating patient transport and obtaining prerequisite diagnostic information such as film folders, medical records and lab results, and prepping site of interest in usual sterile fashion.
5. Supply Management Complies with departmental and room supply strategies by determining what items are needed, and re-stock area appropriately. Makes lists and notifies lead staff or supervisor of supply needs. Performs required procedure for the collection, cleaning, storage, packaging and distribution of any and all tools/supplies to be sterilized. Documents all supplies used during each procedure, as well as patient charge information for billing purposes. Disposes of used supply items and trays.
6. Team Support Assists physicians by providing the necessary supplies during procedures such as catheters, guidewires, sheaths, embolization supplies, stents, medications and miscellaneous supplies. Assists physician by ?scrubbing in? to perform actual hands-on management and manipulation of tools or supplies used during the procedure (not a function of technologists rotating through operating room). Precepts new employees and students.
● Associate's degree or completion of an accredited Radiologic Sciences Program.
● Registered by the American Registry of Radiological Sciences or registry eligible and become registered within one (1) year from date of hire. (Registry eligible candidates must provide a copy of diploma from accredited program.) Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Hillsborough
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.