Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 2480
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Acts as a resource for regulatory compliance issues. Develops solutions for corrective action to improve instances of non-compliance.
1. Acts as a resource for regulatory compliance issues. Develops solutions for corrective action to improve instances of non-compliance
2. Meets periodically with employees to assess professional development needs.
3. Develops and implements workplan(s) for assigned area of responsibility.
4. Maintains accountability for budgetary resources for assigned area of responsibility. Reviews monthly reports to monitor units, expenses and revenue.
5. Coordinates, leads and participates in performance improvement activities for assigned area of responsibility
6. Plans, coordinates and integrates department services within the department and with other departments throughout the organization. Interacts with all departments which impact assigned area.
7. Evaluates individual staff member performance and provides ongoing coaching/mentoring/counseling as required
8. Develops and implements policies/procedures that guide and support the provision of services
9. Coordinates preparation of departmental budget and financial reports, makes recommendations for capital purchases and provides financial justifications and operational reasoning for proposals. Submits necessary financial information to Director.
10. Investigates variances, recommends/implements solutions and tracks actions to correct. Communicates necessary changes to Director
● Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
● Preferred: ASCP
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two years of previous management experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write correspondence, which conforms to, prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Lab Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.